Be Kind
Ever since I was little, the most important thing my parents taught me was to be kind. Isn't it crazy how a 2-word phrase can have so much meaning behind it? It can be applied to so much more than just personal relationships. You can apply it to what your work ethic is like or how you treat strangers or even just the person taking your order at a restaurant. You never know what an individual is going through and even something as small as a smile or kind word can turn someone's day around.
I grew up in a home with Christian values and although that has had a huge impact on how I treat others, I still believe that kindness is an important value that needs to be taught to everyone. I genuinely believe the world would be a better place if everyone realized how important kindness is.
It's kind of funny how there is kindness in places where you wouldn't even think to find it.
Have you ever thought about how much the trees and plants offer us and how they are such a big part of our existence?
There's a TEDx talk that I loved watching that really summed up how I feel. It is called The Power of Kindness. The speaker states that kindness just isn't just something we schedule. "It is how we live. How we see people. Each and every person, whether it be the president of the company or the guy cleaning the building within that same company. Each person matters. Each person makes a difference."
I've worked at McDonald's for a while now and one of my favourite things that occurs during the holiday season is customers who pay for other customers orders. One car in drive-thru would pay for the car behind them and then that car would be so touched they would pay for the car behind them. And it would create this beautiful chain reaction of kindness towards others. And it all started with one person. That is the perfect example of how just the smallest act can mean so much.
I've worked at McDonald's for a while now and one of my favourite things that occurs during the holiday season is customers who pay for other customers orders. One car in drive-thru would pay for the car behind them and then that car would be so touched they would pay for the car behind them. And it would create this beautiful chain reaction of kindness towards others. And it all started with one person. That is the perfect example of how just the smallest act can mean so much.
Comments
Post a Comment